I love mac and cheese. And not the kind from the blue box, either! I actually used to really like that stuff, but now that I have realized it is not so hard to make my own, I don’t think I will ever go back!
I have Thing 1 to thank for that. He was feeling ‘mac-and-cheese-y’ one day, but I did not have any of those blue boxes in the house. However, I did have pasta, and cheese, and various other needed ingredients, and so he made his own! And he put a great spin on it too, using pasta shells and shrimp (as well as French fried onions!) and we called it Seashore Mac and Cheese. If you like mac and cheese, you should definitely check out that recipe as well as this one!
For this recipe, I combined pasta and a little extra cheese with my already cheesy and delicious Guilt-Free Jalapeno Artichoke Dip. I love that I found a great way to turn my favorite dip into an actual meal! This is the ultimate comfort food for a chilly evening.
- 16 ounces macaroni pasta
- 1 recipe Guilt-Free Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
- 1 and ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cook the pasta, following the instructions on the box.
- Drain and return to the pot. Add the Guilt-Free Jalapeno Artichoke Dip and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and stir until combined.
- Lightly spray a 9x9 casserole dish (or a 2 quart round casserole dish) with cooking spray.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!