I ordered a whole bunch of raw peanuts a while back so I could make Sweet Nutty Crunch, a totally delicious and addictive snack recipe. They were incredible! Y. U. M.
Even though I made that recipe a few times, I still had plenty of peanuts left. Although that snack is AH-MAY-ZING, it is very addictive, so I decided it was too dangerous to make again, especially since I am hoping to shed a few pounds before the truly warm weather sets in. If that snack is in the house, there is simply no way for me to resist eating it.
So I decided to try something different, this time more on the spicy side, using one of my favorites, ground chipotle.
Well, I succeeded in creating a great recipe for spicy nuts, but now I have another problem…
These peanuts are even harder to stop eating than the Sweet Nutty Crunch! AHHHHHH! Someone take these peanuts away from me, because I just don’t have the willpower to stop myself. I was even popping them into my mouth as I was taking these pictures!
These nutty, crunchy, roasted peanuts go from delicious to truly spectacular when coated with chipotle, lime, and honey. They make a flavorful, fun snack that would be perfect for any party, and impressive because you make them yourself! No one has to know how easy it is. It literally took me 5 minutes to mix up the ingredients and then only 15 minutes to bake.
Serve these at your next gathering to delight all your guests! And the best part? Many kids won’t touch ’em because they definitely have a good bit of zing, so that means more for the grownups! Let those kids eat cheesey poofs.
That being said, just my luck, both of my kids actually like these. I wasn’t too surprised about Thing 1, because he likes spicy food, but Thing 2? *Sigh* On the bright side, maybe it means that the kid’s taste buds are finally starting to mature and I will be able to serve dishes with tomatoes sometime in the near future! 😉
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 and ½ tablespoons honey
- 2 and ¼ teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1 and ½ tablespoons salt
- 3 cups raw peanuts (either with or without the skin)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, olive oil, and honey, and whisk until well combined.
- Add the chipotle powder and the salt, and mix well.
- Add the peanuts and toss until coated.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil.
- Using a slotted spoon to allow excess chipotle mixture to drain back into the bowl, transfer the peanuts from the bowl to the baking sheet.
- Bake the peanuts for about 15-20 minutes. Remove and let cool.