Where has this snack been all my life? I have no idea. All these years I could have been munching on healthy legumes instead of junky carbs!
Are you worried about the upcoming Super Bowl MunchFest derailing your New Year’s resolution to lose a few pounds? Then this snack is for you! You can munch on this during all four quarters and even if your team doesn’t win, you will still feel good knowing you avoided all those calories from pizza and wings and chips!
I am the type of person who snacks to relieve stress. Even though I feel weirdly better while in the process of devouring a sleeve of crackers or a bag of chips, I feel even worse later. (One would think that I would have learned not to do this by now – but that is a discussion for another day!) However with this snack, I can munch my stress away without the awful consequences later on. This snack is my hero!
I am excited to explore different spice combinations and see what other flavors I can create. Chipotle, garlic salt, rosemary – the possibilities are endless. If you like crunchy snacks, you should definitely give this a try!
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander, divided
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the chickpeas in one bowl, and the black beans in a second bowl.
- Place ½ teaspoon of each spice in each bowl. Toss to coat.
- Spread the chickpeas on one baking sheet and the black beans on a second baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Remove the black beans and continue to bake the chickpeas for another 15-20 minutes.
- Cool the beans and combine them for serving.