Well, even if I can’t believe it, it is true, so I want to share this fun and easy Valentine’s Day dessert with you. I love these holidays that give me an excuse to work on recipes for sweet treats. These delicious and adorable cookies are kid-friendly, not only because kids love to eat them, but kids also love to make them. This is one of the easiest recipes I have, with only 3 ingredients, just a few steps, and no baking! Right up my alley!
These cookies turned out even better than I had imagined. The crunchy-sweet combination of the vanilla wafer cookies and the white chocolate coating make these adorable goodies a perfect Valentine’s treat for kids and adults alike. You can vary the decor as well if you like, by using red candy melts to drizzle some bright Valentine’s Day color on the cookies, or little heart sprinkles, or you can even press some heart shaped cake decorations into the chocolate before it hardens. The possibilities are endless!
- 1 box vanilla wafer cookies (you will need approximately 40)
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips or white candy melts
- red sugar sprinkles
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave, on 50% power, stirring often, until smooth.
- Dip each vanilla wafer cookie in the melted chocolate, covering completely.
- Place the coated cookie on wax paper, and sprinkle with red sugar.
- When all the cookies are coated and sprinkled, place the wax paper in the refrigerator for an hour to allow the white chocolate to harden.
- Store finished cookies in an airtight covered container.