Pizza…it is so versatile! We have pizza night almost every Friday night. You can do a gazillion things with pizza, but we find ourselves always defaulting to the same old cheese pizza, sometimes adding pepperoni or mushrooms. So a couple of weeks ago I decided to be CRAAAAAZY, and choose one of those gazillion options to try!
Beef and blue cheese is one of my favorite flavor combos. Of course, neither one would be considered an inexpensive ingredient, but all-in-all this pizza ended up costing us less than pizzeria pizza, so it was still a win! Thing 2 was a little skeptical as I was preparing the pizza, because he does not particularly like blue cheese, but he ate this and enjoyed it! I think the mozzarella toned down the strong blue cheese flavor enough for him. However, it was still a prominent flavor (important for me!!), so we were all happy. Hooray!
Of course, could vary this by adding more of less of the mozzarella or blue cheese or steak, or even experiment with adding mushrooms or other toppings!
- 14 ounces whole wheat pizza dough (I used store-bought)
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup cooked steak strips, cut into smaller pieces (I used pre-cooked)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees Celsius).
- Roll out dough to about 16 inches in diameter. Use a little flour to keep it from sticking.
- Place the pizza on a pizza baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Distribute steak strips and spinach.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Emails by Mad Mimi
Subscribe today and never miss a new
Dizzy Busy and Hungry recipe!
- Feasting on Pizza Toppings the Low Carb Way (lowcarbafrica.wordpress.com)
- Beet, Blue Cheese, and Arugula Pizza (pcwanderlustress.wordpress.com)
- Fall for Pizza – Bacon, Butternut Squash and Kale Pizza (pastaprincessandmore.wordpress.com)