For some reason, and much to Thing 2’s chagrin, I have been on a spicy kick lately.
But, in my defense, I have to say that all of these have either been optional (like the Burger Spread) or not so hot that Thing 2 could not eat them. And, in fact, he actually enjoyed the Veggie Quinoa Curry.
In this Spicy Skillet Tortellini and Tomatoes recipe, I was also careful to control the level of spice so that he would not object too much. But you can dial it up or down, depending on what your family likes!
This recipe was suggested to me by one of my high school friends with whom I am connected on Facebook! We have not seen each other in about 25 years, but the magic of Facebook connected us again and he was nice enough to give me a recipe similar to this one that I adapted a bit. He also suggested another recipe that I also ended up loving and publishing, Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken!
- 1 (20 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 and ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- fresh Parmesan cheese (optional, can substitute grated, if needed)
- Boil water, then add the tortellini and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil with the paprika and crushed red pepper.
- Add the tortellini and saute until the pasta is coated and has slightly browned, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and heat for about 2 more minutes.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
You may be interested in…