Summer is here! Hooray! To celebrate, here is a recipe for a refreshing and crisp adult beverage made with pineapple juice and ginger ale, perfect for a warm summer afternoon!
Picture yourself sitting poolside, or on the beach, basking in the warmth of the sun and relaxing with a glass of this delicious sangria. That sounds like heaven to me!
Pineapple juice and ginger ale add just the right amount of flavor pop, and the gin adds a little extra kick! It really isn’t a strong drink, but you can totally skip the gin if you are concerned about the amount of alcohol. You won’t even miss it.
I added a few blackberries for extra color pop, but I wish I had gotten raspberries. I think a few luscious red raspberries would have been stunning! I will remember that for next time I make it (and there will be a next time, probably many of them!). I also placed some basil leaves for decorative purposes – they made the drinks look so fresh and summery!
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle moscato wine
- ½ cup gin
- 4 cups ginger ale (you can use diet or regular)
- Slice the fruit into thin rounds. Cut some or all in half if you wish.
- Place the fruit in a large pitcher. Pour the pineapple chunks and juice in the pitcher.
- Add the wine and gin and stir.
- Place the pitcher in the refrigerator for an hour or until ready to serve. Make sure the ginger ale is also in the refrigerator so it is cold when you add it.
- Right berfore serving, add chilled ginger ale.
- Serve with pretty-colored garnishes for a fresh, summery look!
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!