Sweet, tart, and so refreshing, this Lemonade Pie is a delicious throwback to summers gone by!
This week’s #SundaySupper theme is Nostalgic Summer Recipes. When I was pondering recipe options for this post, I sat down and thought back to my childhood summers. There are lots of food memories I associate with summer, from strawberry shortcake, to steaks on the grill, to corn on the cob. However, most of the time, the beverage that accompanied those foods was ice-cold, sweet, tart lemonade, so that ended up being the inspiration for this recipe!
To add to the nostalgia even further, I used sugar cones for the crust instead of graham cracker or cookie crumbs. This recipe definitely captures the flavors of my childhood summers, and my family loves the result!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of this week’s recipes! Many thanks to Coleen from The Redhead Baker for hosting this week’s Sunday Supper event!
- 1 (5 ounce) package sugar cones (about 12 cones), crushed into crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can chilled sweetened condensed milk
- ½ can (6 ounces) lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- Combine the sugar cone crumbs and butter, and press into a 7 inch pie plate. Place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and the sweetened condensed milk with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the lemonade concentrate and mix until well combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Pour the filling into the refrigerated sugar cone crust (you may have some filling left over depending on how deep your pie plate is).
Check out all of this week’s #SundaySupper recipes below!
- Blueberry Lavender Lemonade by Beauty and the Beets
- Natural Pink Pineapple Lemonade by Food Lust People Love
- Rhubarb Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Gazpacho Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled BLT Kebabs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Strawberry Fruit Dip by Books n’ Cooks
- Classic Shrimp Roll Sliders by Crazed Mom
- How to Cook Hot Dogs by Life Tastes Good
- Wiener Schnitzel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Baked Beans by Magnolia Days
- Creamy Ranch Potato Salad by Dash of Evans
- Grilled Zucchini Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Seven-Layer Salad with Bacon and Peas by The Hungry Goddess
- Southern Fried Squash by Peaceful Cooking
- Spätzlesalat (German Spaetzle Pasta Salad) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Summer’s Best Tomato Cucumber Salad by Delaware Girl Eats
- Ambrosia Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Bavarian Almonds by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Cobbler by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Boardwalk Funnel Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Buttermilk Pound Cake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- DIY Drumsticks by A Mind Full Mom
- Double Corn Buttermilk Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Frosted Grapes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free S’mores Magic Bars by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Homemade Banana Pudding by Cooking with Carlee
- Homemade Drumsticks by Pies and Plots
- Japanese Melon Ice Cream by Ninja Baker
- Lemon Coconut Bars by The Finer Cookie
- Lemonade Pie with Sugar Cone Crust by Dizzy, Busy and Hungry
- Poke Cake by Our Good Life
- Maple Sugar Candy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mom’s Rhubarb Cake by Monica’s Table
- Nana’s No-Bake Cheesecake Squares by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Pudding Pops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Root Beer Float Ice Cream Sandwiches by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Sherbet Float by Cookin’ Mimi
- Strawberry Jello Angel Food Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Jello Pie by Tramplingrose
- Tita’s Fruit Dessert by Basic N Delicious
- Toasted Coconut Puppy Chow by Helpful Homemade
- Watergate Salad by Flavor Mosaic
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!