Lightened up and SOOO tasty, you are going to love this dip so much you might not even want to share it with guests! I confess I have made it several times just for
me the four of us to eat, and in fact I even used it in a chicken recipe so that I could legitimately have it for dinner, haha! (I will be sharing that recipe on the blog soon!)
This recipe is an evolution of a previous recipe I posted WAY back when I first started blogging. I decided I wanted to do a photo makeover, and I also tweaked the instructions a little for the slow cooker. However, the microwave directions still work as well, and I will include them below, because sometimes you just need to have that snack in 4 minutes as opposed to 90! 🙂
I actually use jarred jalapenos in the recipe, and use the fresh jalapenos just for garnish. I find fresh jalapenos to be a little bit of a pain to slice and remove the seeds, and for this recipe the jarred version works just as well and makes the recipe quicker to prepare!
Recipe adapted from HungryGirl.com.
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- ½ cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup jalapeno slices (from a jar), finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients except for ½ cup mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place mixture in the slow cooker.
- Top with the remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on high 1½ to 2 hours.
- Combine all ingredients except for ½ cup mozzarella cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir to combine.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high, then stir well.
- Microwave for another 2 minutes, or until hot.
- Top with the remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese, and allow it to melt (microwave another 10-20 seconds if needed).