I am so excited to be participating in my first full #SundaySupper event with my super-tasty Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels! This week the event is all about summer’s best potluck dishes. As you will see at the bottom of this post, we have SO many ideas for you to choose from! So don’t forget to scroll down, browse through the recipe titles, and click through to get to the recipes! A big thank you goes out to our amazing host, T.R. of Gluten Free Crumbley, who made this event happen!
I love these tortilla pinwheels, mostly because they are so easy to make and perfect for summer since they involve NO HEAT whatsoever. No oven, no stove top, not even the microwave! Why heat up your house with cooking when you don’t have to?
That being said, it is best to make these the day before you plan to serve them, or at least a few hours before, if you have the opportunity. The ranch flavor really sets into the cream cheese and makes the pinwheels even tastier. It is also good to have the whole tortilla wrapped and completely chilled before slicing, to make it easier to get nice round pinwheels for serving.
- 16 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 (3.8 ounce) can black olives, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 and ½ cups roughly chopped cole slaw mix (or you can just use cabbage)
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- Combine cream cheese and ranch dip.
- Add in olives and cabbage and mix well.
- Spread the cream cheese filling over the tortillas.
- Distribute the roasted red peppers over the filling.
- Roll the tortilla as tightly as possible, then wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1-2 hours (longer is better).
- When ready to serve, remove the plastic and slice into rounds.
Check out all the #SundaySupper recipes:
- Calamari salad with fennel and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coronation Chicken Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels with Roasted Red Peppers by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Corn Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Walnut Grapes by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint by April Golightly
Sides and Salads
- Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad by My World Simplified
- Antipasto Pasta Salad by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken by Hardly A Goddess
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chopped Caprese Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Crunchy Coleslaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cumin Scented Quinoa with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by The Hungry Goddess
- Easy Summer Chickpea Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Elotes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frog Eye Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gluten Free Grilled Corn Salad by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Layered Salad with Green Goddess Dressing by Delaware Girl Eats
- No Mayo Potato Salad by Simple and Savory
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing by Kitchen Gidget
- Summer Grain Salad by Pook’s Pantry
- Summer Tortellini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Tarragon Marinated Brussels Sprouts by Beauty and the Beets
- Steve’s Fried Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Ginger Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Slab Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Caramel Icebox Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Caramel “Doughnut” Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Cherry Crumb Bars by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Eclair Cake by Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota
- Coconut Lime Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookie Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Double Chocolate Blondies by Family Around The Table
- Frozen Champagne Salad by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to make a Pineapple Summer Cake by Asian In America
- Lemon Icebox Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisps with Coconut by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- No-Bake Summer Berry Cream Cheese Tarts by Magnolia Days
- Peach Dumplings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- S’mores Blondies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Summertime S’Mores by The Freshman Cook
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- White Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Plus Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake and Best Potluck Dishes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!