WARNING! This dip is completely addictive! I can’t stop eating it. I rue the day I had the idea to make a dip perfect for serving with tortilla chips and margaritas. This recipe turned out better than I ever imagined it would be!
Not only is it amazing with tortilla chips, but just try putting it on a fish sandwich, baked chicken, or even a burger. YUM! This stuff adds incredible flavor to just about anything you can think of. Today I added a couple of tablespoons to a big bowl of lettuce, tossed it around to coat all the leaves, and enjoyed a super-yummy salad. I might have to do that again tomorrow!
This would be a perfect appetizer to serve at a Cinco de Mayo party, but actually I think this is going to become an all-around summer staple for us. Next time we head up to the lake house, we are bringing a big bowl of this dip to share with all our friends. I can imagine relaxing with a Corona, munching some chips with this Cilantro Lime Dip, while hanging out on the boat in the bright, warm sunshine!
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used light)
- 1 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (no need to be picky about getting all the stems out)
- 4-5 tablespoons lime juice (I like 5!)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, to allow all the flavors to combine.
- Serve as a dip with chips or bread, or use as a topping on fish, chicken, or hamburgers.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!