Welcome to Day #3 of Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting today, Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th.
Today we have a great giveaway from Freund, so don’t forget to scroll down and enter after you check out this cool recipe for Chocolate Dipped Baked Potato Chips! I really LOVE that sweet-salty flavor combo, so chocolate dipped potato chips are the perfect treat for me. These are great for holiday parties, but beware, because they are a bit addictive!
One thing to note about this recipe is that you need to slice the potatoes very thin. Truth be told, mine were a little too thick and so they were not as crunchy as I would have liked. The thinner you can slice them, the crunchier they will be, and it was unanimous in this household that the crunchy ones were the best ones! If you have a mandolin slicer, use that with the attachment for the thinnest slices.
Even with slicing them very thin, I will say that these treats are best when eaten within a couple of days of making them. They really are yummiest when fresh! Luckily, they are so delicious, you won’t have to worry much about not being able to finish them within a couple of days. They go quickly!
- 2 large russet potatoes
- Canola oil spray
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 package (9.5 ounces) milk chocolate baking melts
- Holiday sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Slice the potatoes very thinly. The thinner, the better!
- Soak the potatoes in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the water and pat dry.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet (line with non-stick aluminum foil for easy cleanup).
- Spray the potatoes with the canola oil spray, then sprinkle with salt.
- Flip the potatoes and do the same on the other side.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes, flipping the potatoes about halfway through.
- When the potatoes are golden and crispy, remove them from the oven and let them cool.
- Melt the milk chocolate pieces in a double boiler (for a makeshift double boiler, you can place a heat-safe bowl over a saucepan with some boiling water in it).
- When the chocolate is melted, dip the chips into the chocolate, one at a time, then lay them on a piece of wax paper spread out over a tray, and sprinkle them with holiday sprinkles.
- You can allow them to cool at room temperature or place them in the refrigerator for a bit to cool more quickly.
- Makes about 30-40 chips, depending on the size of your potatoes and how thinly you slice them.
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Ginger Bears by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Santa’s Favorite Holiday Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gingerbread Linzer Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Gingerbread Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce by See Aimee Cook
- Bourbon Barrels by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Toasted Almond Shortbread by The Messy Baker
- Midori Melon Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti by Noshing With The Nolands
- Wine Poached Pear and Almond Rugelach by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Bebinca – Layered Goan Cake by Masala Herb
- Artichoke Dip Tarts by Food Lust People Love
- Layered Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Brittle by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peppermint Chocolate Cupcakes by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Chocolate Dipped Baked Potato Chips by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Chocolate Chip Collapsidies by Try Anything Once Culinary
And now, on to the GIVEAWAY for today!
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Freund Container & Supply. Freund Container & Supply has been helping build businesses since 1938 as the largest distributor of glass bottles, containers, and wholesale packaging supplies online. Freund offers over 5,000 items in stock every day, 98% same day shipping, and low-price guarantees. Take a look at Freund’s wide selection of jars, tins, bottles and vials for all your crafting and food related needs! To enter to win one of FIVE different Freund gift certificates, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for five (individually awarded) $100 gift certificates to Freund Container & Supply. Gift certificate is a one-time use certificate and must be used in its entirety; any leftover monies on the gift certificate will be forfeited. This giveaway is open to both US and Canadian residents. However, it should be noted that due to current International shipping rates, any Canadian winners will pay higher shipping costs for orders. ***
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Freund Container & Supply. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
Enjoy and good luck!
Subscribe today and never miss a new
Dizzy Busy and Hungry recipe!