Pumpkin pie flavor in a bite-sized, hand-held treat?!? Yes, please! I love all things pumpkin, especially pumpkin pie. In my family, we typically only enjoy pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. But as the leaves have started changing and the air has started getting chilly, we have found ourselves craving a little preview of that Thanksgiving treat.
These little rollups are so easy to prepare and are ready in minutes, so you don’t have to spend a lot of time and effort to get that pumpkin pie experience. They are super-cute and delicious, too! I love the sweet creamy filling snugly wrapped between light flaky layers, and coated with a light cinnamon-sugar mixture for a little extra pizzazz. You may want to make a double batch, because they will get eaten up as soon as they are cool enough to snatch from the baking sheet!
- 3 wedges Laughing Cow Cinnamon Cream Cheese Spread
- 3 tablespoons canned pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon granulated Splenda (or sugar)
- 1 (8 ounce) container crescent roll dough (I used reduced-fat)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated Splenda (or sugar)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Unwrap the wedges of the cream cheese spread and mash them together in a small bowl to make them easier to combine with the other ingredients.
- Add the pumpkin, the pumpkin pie spice, and the ½ teaspoon Splenda, and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Remove the crescent roll dough from the container and unroll into a rectangle on a cutting surface.
- Cut the rectangle in half width-wise, then in quarters length-wise, to form 8 strips of dough.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese pumpkin filling on each strip and spread over the surface.
- Roll up each strip and set aside.
- Combine the cinnamon and 2 tablespoons Splenda in a shallow bowl.
- Roll each rollup in the cinnamon-Splenda mixture to coat.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.