Burgers and blue cheese are a classic combination. I personally can’t resist blue cheese on a burger. There is something about the sharp, tangy, salty flavor of the cheese paired with the savory, juicy beef patty that makes my mouth just water. I like to use the real blue cheese crumbles, but I get frustrated by the crumbles falling all over my plate and not staying on my burger! Ack! I tried blue cheese dressing as a substitute, but I felt it lacked the full blue cheese flavor, plus I found myself wanting a little more texture. So, here is a quick and easy blue cheese spread for your burger that will stay put and allow you to really enjoy that tangy blue cheese flavor with every bite of tender, juicy burger. It truly makes your burger SUPER! Just try not to drool on yourself as you are getting ready to take that first amazing bite!
Full disclosure – Thing1 and Thing 2 would not even entertain the idea of trying the blue cheese spread. That was fine…all the MORE for DH and ME! If your kids are not fans of blue cheese, this is easy enough to whip up that you won’t mind making it just for the subset of the family that likes the distinctive, sharp flavor. Give the kids regular American slices or whatever they want on their burgers, and save the good stuff for yourselves!
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- ⅓ cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
Emails by Mad Mimi
Subscribe today and never miss a new
Dizzy Busy and Hungry recipe!
- Heirloom Tomato Salad with Blue Cheese (thesweetspotblog.com)
- Blue Cheese, Blue Cheese, Blue Cheese (deafchefatlarge.com)
- Chicory Tart Recipe, Pear and Walnut Salad Recipe & Deep Fried Blue Cheese (greatbritishchefs.com)