This Slow Cooker Cauliflower Mac and Cheese is easy, cheesy, nutritious, and sure to please even picky eaters!
This week, Sunday Supper is all about kid favorites. When I was growing up, my siblings and I always looked forward to macaroni and cheese night. We actually loved the stuff that came in the blue box, weirdly-orange cheese coating and all!
But I think we can all agree that homemade mac and cheese tastes much better, and is also better for you. For me, the only problem with homemade mac and cheese is that it involves too many steps at the end of the day, when I am tired and hungry and just want to get dinner on the table ASAP. Enter the slow cooker!
If you are a regular reader, you know that I love love LOVE my slow cooker. I am constantly on the lookout for recipes where I can throw ingredients in, mix them up, and then let the slow cooker do the rest. And now I have one for mac and cheese, woohoo! I am so excited that we can now have homemade mac and cheese anytime, without a big hassle at the end of the day.
BONUS – This recipe incorporates minced cauliflower, which becomes soft with cooking and covered with cheese, so the kids don’t even know they are eating a vegetable right in with their mac and cheese.
Then I serve with a spinach salad or steamed veggie on the side, and they walk away from dinner having eaten TWO vegetables! Score one for mom! For even more nutrition, use a high fiber macaroni.
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni, I used a high fiber version
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup minced cauliflower florets (approximately 1 medium head)
- 2 and ½ cups milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- ½ tablespoon yellow mustard (optional)
- Add the pasta, 2 and ½ cups shredded cheddar, minced cauliflower, milk, evaporated milk, and yellow mustard to the slow cooker. Mix well.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, then cook another 15-30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and all the liquid is absorbed.
CHECK OUT ALL OF THIS WEEK’S #SUNDAYSUPPER RECIPES BELOW!
Many thanks to Ellen from Family Around The Table for hosting this fun event!
- Dueling Gyozas – Pork vs. Tofu by Food Lust People Love
- Kid-Approved Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips by Dessert Geek
- S’mores Cheeseball by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Aunt Deborah’s Snickerdoodles by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Frozen Custard by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Easy Nutella Mousse by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Fairy Bread Funfetti Milkshakes by The Crumby Cake
- Grape Juice Jigglers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gumdrop Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Cherry Popsicles by Pies and Plots
- Japanese Peach Boy Ice Cream by The Ninja Baker
- Mango Creamsicles by The Redhead Baker
- No-Cook Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream by Hardly A Goddess
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- S’mores Cheesecake by The Freshman Cook
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Cinnamon Pecan Ice Cream Sandwiches by The Chef Next Door
- Turtle Poke Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whoopie Pies by Monica’s Table
- Broccoli Cheese Soup by Wholistic Woman
- Corn Dog Muffins by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Deep Dish Pizza Casserole by My World Simplified
- Grilled Pizza Flatbread Bar by Momma’s Meals
- How to Set Up a Hot Dog Bar by An Appealing Plan
- Lobster Gnocchi by Caroline’s Cooking
- Madison’s Shrimp Lasagna Rolls by Life Tastes Good
- Orecchiette Pasta with Creamy Alfredo Sauce by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Pasta Quattro Formaggi by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Mac and Cheese by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Spaghetti and Meatball Casserole by Cooking with Carlee
- Tuna Salad Grinders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Caprese Quesadillas by Simple and Savory
- Maple Brown Sugar Granola Clusters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Waffle Parfait by Our Good Life
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!