Author: Kristin @ DizzyBusyandHungry.com
Recipe type: Entree
- 6 ounces whole grain or fiber-enriched elbow macaroni (I used SmartTaste by Ronzoni)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup onion
- 24 ounces frozen cauliflower with reduced-fat cheese sauce
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2-3 pickles, chopped
- Cook the pasta until just becoming tender, about 1/2 the time directed on the box. Drain and set aside.
- Mix the turkey, ketchup, and onion in a large bowl. Add the frozen cauliflower and cheese sauce, shredded cheddar, and pasta, and mix until distributed.
- Place entire mixture into the crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 8-9 hours.
- When plating, sprinkle each serving with the chopped tomatoes and pickles, or set out in bowls for self-service.
Recipe by Dizzy Busy and Hungry! at http://www.dizzybusyandhungry.com/crockpot-cheeseburger/