Hello! Welcome to this virtual potluck party for Christy Jordan at SouthernPlate.com! A bunch of us have gotten together to throw this surprise party for her. Have a seat, relax, and enjoy some of the great food that we have brought to the party!
Some of you may not know Christy, so here is a little background. Have you ever thought about what it would be like to not be able to walk, and how that would affect your life? I have thought about it and cannot even imagine the enormous impact it would have. How would I cope if it happened to me? I have no idea. But likely I would depend on lots of help and encouragement from family and friends!
Christy now knows all too well what it feels like to completely lose her mobility. As a result of an accident while horseback riding, she broke BOTH of her legs and has been in a wheelchair for some time now while she is on the mend. As if it wasn’t bad enough that she could not walk, it also severely hampered her ability to cook (can you imagine trying to cook while confined to a wheelchair?) which must have been a difficult limitation for her to accept!
I don’t know Christy very well, but I have been following her story and hoping and praying for her continued recovery. I imagine that she would agree with me when I say that it has been slow going, but she is getting there. I have been so inspired by how she is taking everything in stride and making great progress! In order to give Christy another boost of support and encouragement, some of her friends and fellow bloggers have gotten together to throw her this virtual potluck party.
Christy, you have shown amazing strength and resilience throughout your ordeal, and I am glad to have gotten to know you through your updates on your blog. I am happy to participate today and hope that it helps you in some small way as you continue to make progress in your healing! Here are some of the other amazing dishes being shared today!
And here is my dish!
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups frozen hash browns (Southern style)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 and ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 and ½ teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne red pepper
- 2 cups reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 and ½ pounds pork chops (bone-in or boneless)
- Combine all the ingredients except the pork chops in the slow cooker and mix well.
- Season the pork chops with some salt and pepper and arrange on top.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with some additional cheese on top if desired.
Thanks for stopping by! Christy, I hope you enjoyed this potluck party, and please know you are in my prayers for continued progress in healing and for a successful book tour coming up!
Emails by Mad Mimi
Subscribe today and never miss a new
Dizzy Busy and Hungry recipe!
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas (2kousins.com)
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Ribs (mammy2grammy.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cooker Beef Massaman Curry (ilikecleverwordsandprettythings.wordpress.com)