Get organized for summer! Now is the perfect time to launch your own personal Project Organization, and Cozi.com can help. Cozi is the ultimate family organization tool, serving as a central hub for the family with a calendar, meal planner, to-do list, and much more! The best news: Cozi and I are teaming up to offer one lucky reader a free one-year Gold subscription to Cozi, plus access to the Dinner Decider app, a $69.98 value!
You may have read my previous post about Cozi, in which I detail how the tool helped me to get out of my dinner rut. I have been using Cozi for a couple of years now. I started out using the free version, and I loved it. About a year ago, I decided that it was well worth it to upgrade to the Gold subscription, because I use Cozi every single day and depend on it in so many ways.
Here are some of the many ways Cozi helps me stay on top things!
- Scheduling appointments: At the orthodontist office, I confidently schedule the next appointment knowing that I will not have to call and reschedule once I get home to check the family calendar and realize that there is a conflict. I access Cozi right from my phone while still in the office so I can choose the best date and time the first time!
- Meal planning: At work, I pull up Cozi and check the meal planner to remind myself what I planned for dinner. I am able to think through any adjustments if the kids call at the last minute with schedule changes, so that I am not trying to figure it all out on the fly when I walk in the door at home.
- Juggling activity requests: When the kids want to know if they can go to a friend’s house after school, they check the Cozi calendar first to see if there are any conflicts. Also, activities are color-coded by family member, so it is easy to see who is doing what at any time!
- Adding to the honey-do list: Right when I think of something I want to ask my husband to do, I can plop it on his list and not worry about forgetting to mention it to him! (He might not like that too much, heehee)
- Compiling the weekly shopping list: Lunch box requests? The kids put them right on the shopping list!
- Keeping the family informed: Cozi sends a weekly email to everyone in the family with the schedule for the week. No more reminding my husband about his dentist appointment! Cozi does it for me!
- Remembering birthdays: The birthday tracker is a LIFESAVER. Now I never forget important birthdays and anniversaries!
Those are just a few of the things that Cozi has made easier. There is so much more. You need to try it! The free version is awesome, so sign up and start using it today. Then enter below to win a one-year subscription to Cozi Gold, the premier version which allows you to set more reminders, gives you access to the birthday tracker, and much more! You will also win a year of access to the Cozi Dinner Decider (currently for iPhone only), an app that will plan your dinners for you! Enter below via the Rafflecopter widget at the bottom of this post (below the yummy Chipper Fish recipe!). Note that you get extra entries if you sign up for a Cozi account (or if you already have one!) or complete the other additional activities.
This Chipper Fish recipe is in my Cozi recipe box. When I want to include it in my dinner plans, I simply add it to my meal planner, and then with a couple of clicks, I add all the ingredients to my shopping list. It couldn’t be easier!
I love this recipe for a couple of reasons. The first and foremost being that it gives me an excuse to buy potato chips! As a close second, it is a great way to get my kids to eat fish and actually like it! My mom used to make this for us when I was growing up and we all loved it.
Not sure your kids will love it? Well, my hard-to-please child eagerly gobbled it up and asked me to make it again! Yeah!!
- 1 pound perch (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- Caesar salad dressing (I used light dressing)
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used reduced fat)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Brush the dressing on the perch, and place on a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the crushed chips and cheese in a bowl.
- Top the perch with the chips/cheese mixture.
- Bake about 10 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Apologies, the giveaway is now over!
If you are interested in another recipe that uses potato chips as an ingredient, head on over to check out this Tuna Tetrazzini Casserole from Aunt Bee’s Recipes!