Just a note: This recipe originally appeared as a guest post on Anyonita Nibbles. I am now posting the recipe here as well for archiving purposes! My original writeup is still here and the recipe is below. Check out Anyonita’s site as well, she has a ton of great recipes! Enjoy!
Happy Saturday everyone! I want to invite you to head over to one of my favorite blogs, Anyonita Nibbles. Anyonita graciously invited me to guest post on her blog, and the post is up and ready for you to view! You do not want to miss this recipe for Baked Crab and Mushroom Wontons…they are hand-held, kid-friendly, nutritious fun!
While you are there, check out all the other goodies Anyonita has on her blog. So many mouth-watering recipes…I could browse her site for hours!
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 8 ounces mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces imitation crab pieces, finely chopped (or run through your food processor)
- 28-30 wonton wrappers
- olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray a skillet with olive oil spray and warm over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until they become soft, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the crab, dill, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add the mushrooms and cream cheese and stir until well combined.
- Lightly spray one side of a wonton wrapper with olive oil spray. Measure approximately one tablespoon of the crab-mushroom mixture and distribute on half of the wonton, on the side without the olive oil spray.
- Moisten the edges of the wonton, fold in half, press to seal, and place on a baking sheet sprayed lightly with olive oil spray.
- Repeat with the remaining wontons and crab mixture.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes until the edges begin to turn brown and the middle begins to turn a golden color.
Have a great weekend and enjoy!
Emails by Mad Mimi
Subscribe today and never miss a new
Dizzy Busy and Hungry recipe!