Hi, I’m Kristin, welcome to my site!
I am a really busy working wife and mom of two teenage boys. My life feels like such a whirlwind, it makes me dizzy sometimes! But even though things are always moving a mile a minute, I still strive to serve my family healthy, delicious food. I am not a kitchen whiz and I don’t have a lot of time and energy for planning, shopping, and preparing, so I am always on the hunt for recipes that are quick and easy and nutritious!
Some other tidbits about me:
- I love cats, especially Siamese cats.
- I have a BS in mathematics and an MS in Secondary Education, but for the last 18 years I have been working at a large corporation in the benefits administration industry.
- I was a high school math teacher for 3 years before that.
- I love hiking. In 2004, I hiked the Grand Canyon with my mom, 25 miles from the North Rim to the South Rim.
- I love to dance.
- I am an early riser but I also need at least 8-9 hours of sleep. So that means that I go to bed pretty early…usually even before the kids!
- I cannot touch my belly button. It gives me the heebie-jeebies. No one else can touch it either!
- I love road trips.
- I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006, three weeks after my husband was diagnosed with colon cancer.
- We are both fine today!
- I went to an all-women college (which is co-ed today) and graduated with a class of less than 100 students. There were only 2 other math majors in my class!
- My favorite color is blue, and my favorite flower is the sunflower.
- I met my husband while doing a college internship at a USDA research center where he was working at a post-doc position. Yes, there is a bit of an age difference there! (10 years!)
- I love music and am in a band that my friend Maureen and I started in 2007. We started out with the name Dichroic Glass but switched it to The DG Band so that it would be easier to remember. We have a website (click here) and a CD of 12 original songs (click here).
- My favorite TV show continues to be Everybody Loves Raymond, even though I have seen every episode multiple times. My second favorite show is Seinfeld.
- I also enjoy Dr. Who. And my kids got me hooked on The Walking Dead and Supernatural.
- My favorite stand-up comedian is Brian Regan. He is hilarious!
- I never enjoyed cooking and got by on frozen food and take-out until a few years ago when I decided I wanted to provide healthier food for my family. Once I started cooking and found my groove with it, I realized that I liked it a lot more than I thought I would!
- I am self-taught when it comes to food photography, and learning more every day!
- I started this blog in January of 2013, on a complete whim. I just dove right in and started posting! Since then, I have learned so much. It is a lot of work but I really enjoy all the different aspects of blogging.
Recipe for DizzyBusyandHungry.com
- -1 dizzy-busy mom with little time to cook during the work week
- -1 wish to serve yummy but healthy food to family
- -1 culinarily adventurous teenage boy (fondly known as Thing 1)
- -1 hard-to-please teenage boy (you guessed it! Thing 2)
- -1 supportive dear husband (DH)
- -1 desire to share tips and recipes with other busy families!
- -Mix all ingredients well.
- -Design blog site.
- -Share with anyone looking for ideas for easy, healthy, family-friendly food!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy my site and my recipes, and I would love to see you come back soon!